General Manager OperationsBack to overview
As a global logistics service provider, Katoen Natie combines engineering, technology and port operations to offer worldwide, tailor-made solutions to the chemical and automotive industries, and to the consumer goods, electronics & retail sector. Katoen Natie has 181 logistic platforms and is active in 30 countries all over Europe, North America, South America and the Far East with a staff of more than 13.000 people.
Our Business Unit offers total solutions for general cargo & commodities, based on integrated logistics and engineering. Katoen Natie has been involved in commodities ever since its foundation in 1854, when it began with storage and handling of raw cotton. Now, Katoen Natie’s business unit General Cargo & Commodities handles a wide range of products at its terminals. To support this fast growing business unit, Katoen Natie is looking for a General Manager Operations for its sites in the World.
• Team up with the management of the Business Unit General Cargo & Commodities.
• Develop and implement an operational strategy.
• Assume overall responsibility and management of the worldwide operations of the Business Unit (today: Belgium, Estonia, The Netherlands, France, Italy, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Cameroon and Vietnam).
• Keep close contact with all parties involved: BU management, terminal managers, operators, customers, strategic suppliers, port authorities, governmental bodies … etc.
• Organisational lead in matters relating to risk management and HSEQ.
• Define and implement best practises and working procedures.
• Initiate innovations.
• Search continuously for optimisations and improvements.
• Support and manage in the field of operations a team of country managers.
• Define and follow up operational KPI’s and strategic targets.
• Develop a knowledge base and become the point of reference for all operational aspects of the general cargo and the commodity business, in particular standards and criteria imposed by international and national regulatory bodies.
- Master degree combined with a natural eagerness for new challenges
- Several years of relevant experience as operational team leader / manager
- People manager with a proven ability to inspire and motivate an operational team
- An open interest in automation, new technologies and technical solutions
- Strong analytical and numerical insight
- Excellent communication skills in both Dutch, English and French
- Independent with a make it happen attitude
- Team player
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis
- Commercial feeling is desirable
- Management position
- A challenging and international environment where personal development, out of the box thinking and growth are encouraged
- Sufficient time to learn all aspects of the General Cargo & Commodities business
- An attractive salary package and company car