Business Development Manager – HunterBack to overview
As a global logistics service provider, Katoen Natie combines engineering, technology and port operations to offer worldwide, tailor-made solutions to the chemical and automotive industries, and to the consumer goods, electronics & retail sector. Katoen Natie has 181 logistic platforms and is active in 30 countries all over Europe, North America, South America and the Far East with a staff of more than 13.000 people.
Our Business Unit offers total solutions for general cargo & commodities, based on integrated logistics and engineering. Katoen Natie has been involved in commodities ever since its foundation in 1854, when it began with storage and handling of raw cotton. Now, Katoen Natie’s business unit General Cargo & Commodities handles a wide range of products at its terminals. To support this fast growing business unit, Katoen Natie is looking for a Business Development Manager / Hunter. (te Luithagen – Haven)
- Contribute to the growth of our Business Unit General Cargo & Commodities, division General Cargo.
- Pursue new business opportunities. Focus on global producers of general cargo which import / export their products via N-EU seaports.
- e.g. Steel & metals, beverages, harmless chemicals, machinery & project cargo, rubber & tires, forest products, packaging & construction materials.
- Sign long-term agreements and build up customer intimacy.
- Team up with account managers, project engineers, operational managers … etc
- Think out of the box and initiate new ideas/opportunities.
- Analyze supply chains of prospects and offer tailor-made logistics solutions.
- Education: Master's degree, preferably in economics, logistics, marketing or similar by experience.
- Language skills: Fluent knowledge of Dutch is necessary, good knowledge of English and French.
- Proven track of record in Logistics Business Development.
- Experience in General Cargo logistics, Port Activities & negotiating with multinationals is a plus.
- International mindset and willingness to travel.
- Sales driven and analytic personality with pit-bull mentality.
- An exciting job in a very dynamic company with a no-nonsense culture.
- A job with high responsibility and freedom.