Finance & Business ControllerBack to overview
As a global logistics service provider, Katoen Natie combines engineering, technology and port operations to offer worldwide, tailor-made solutions to the chemical and automotive industries, and to the consumer goods, electronics & retail sector. Katoen Natie has all over Europe, North America, South America and the Far East a staff of more than 13.000 people.
Our Business Unit offers total solutions for general cargo & commodities, based on integrated logistics and engineering. Katoen Natie has been involved in commodities ever since its foundation in 1854, when it began with storage and handling of raw cotton. Now, Katoen Natie’s business unit General Cargo & Commodities handles a wide range of products at its terminals. To support this fast growing business unit, Katoen Natie is looking for a Finance and Business Controller for its sites in Europe.
As a member of the management team, you will be in charge of all finance and business administration related matters of the Business Unit on a global scale.
You will act as an intermediate between the different local accounting and management teams and report directly to the the Business Unit Directors, as well as to the financial headquarters of Katoen Natie Group.
More specifically, you will:
• Analyze the monthly financial performances of the different sites.
• Coordinate the monthly financial reporting.
• Initiate and follow-up further actions based on this reporting.
• Initiate and take care of ad-hoc projects from a financial point of view.
• Overview, report and follow up on the annual budget.
• Overview and support the quarterly consolidation.
• Overview the annual audits.
• Need a strong interest in continuous improvement of administrative and IT processes.
• Support and overview the different pricing strategies, as well as ensuring the profitability of investments.
• Work together with other BU Managers to develop and implement appropriate management tools and business support intelligence, combining financial and operational data.
- Hands on; willing to get to the bottom of the problems to resolve them
- Analytical; you will translate data to information and draw conclusions and formulate advice to the Business Unit Directors and Managers.
- Leadership; you will be the point of reference regarding all financial matters for the Business Unit.
- Assertive; you will be responsible for compliance with Katoen Natie Group finance policies in a wide geographical variety of business.
- Strong communicator; you will manage your direct daily contacts remotely and you will be working on different projects with different stakeholders.
- Autonomous; act independent and able to work under tight deadlines.
- Master degree with an economical background.
- Experience in logistics is a must.
- Strong excel skills / spreadsheet modelling and affinity with IT systems.
- You will work in Dutch, French and in English.
- Your office will be based in Antwerp, Luithagen-Haven.
- Flexibility to travel regularly to the Business Unit affiliates in Europe, Asia and Africa.
- An exciting job in a leading dynamic company with no-nonsense culture.
- A job with responsibility and lots of variety.
- The chance to develop yourself professionally and personally.
- An attractive salary package based on experience and skills.
- Challenging multi-cultural working environment.