Freight Forwarder (Expediteur)Back to overview
As a global logistics service provider, Katoen Natie combines engineering, technology and port operations to offer worldwide, tailor-made solutions to the chemical and automotive industries, and to the consumer goods, electronics & retail sector. Katoen Natie has 181 logistic platforms and is active in 30 countries all over Europe, North America, South America and the Far East with a staff of more than 13.000 people.
Our Business Unit offers total solutions for general cargo & commodities, based on integrated logistics and engineering. Katoen Natie has been involved in commodities ever since its foundation in 1854, when it began with storage and handling of raw cotton. Now, Katoen Natie’s business unit General Cargo & Commodities handles a wide range of products at its terminals. To support this fast growing business unit, Katoen Natie is looking for a Freight Forwarder for its site in Antwerp – Belgium.
- Responsible for the coordination of all ocean, air, rail and road transport orders for one of more clients.
- Internal & external communication regarding transport, customs & (un)loading of different products.
- Responsible for the necessary incoming & outgoing invoicing.
- Exchanges necessary information with clients, shipping lines, agents, sub-contractors and warehouse personnel and this in order to accomplish the transport order.
- Follow up on customer interactions.
- A bachelor degree in Logistics and/or experience in comparable position is a plus.
- Good knowledge of the Incoterms, transport modes, IMDG, ADR & customs processes.
- ICT minded.
- Good knowledge of Dutch, English and French.
- Sense of initiative and hands-on mentality.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- A challenging job assignment with lots of variety in a fast growing and dynamic company with no-nonsense culture.
- A job with high responsibility and lots of variety.
- A competitive salary package.