Senior Business Analyst (Customs Department)Back to overview
As a global logistics service provider, Katoen Natie combines engineering, technology and port operations to offer worldwide, tailor-made solutions to the chemical and automotive industries, and to the consumer goods, electronics & retail sector. Katoen Natie has 181 logistic platforms and is active in 30 countries all over Europe, North America, South America and the Far East with a staff of more than 13.000 people.
Our Business Unit offers total solutions for general cargo & commodities, based on integrated logistics and engineering. Katoen Natie has been involved in commodities ever since its foundation in 1854, when it began with storage and handling of raw cotton. Now, Katoen Natie’s business unit General Cargo & Commodities handles a wide range of products at its terminals. To support this fast growing business unit, Katoen Natie is looking for a Business Analyst for its site in Antwerp (Belgium).
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Designs new computer programs by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Monitors project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing help desk support; training users.
- Gathering information through interviews with employees and managers, and studying the procedures and systems currently in place.
- Education: Bachelor degree, or similar by experience.
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English.
- Knowledge and/or interest in Customs legislation is a plus.
- Hands on, very good communication and relations skills.
- Flexible, involved, organized, self-motivated.
- Knowledge or willing to learn ‘Enterprise Architect’.
- Knowledge or willing to learn ‘Archimate’, ‘BPMN’ and ‘UML’.
- An exciting job in a leading dynamic company with no-nonsense culture.
- A job with high responsibility and lots of variety.
- An attractive salary package.